Before you can make full use of E-voice, KCTC’s new voicemail system, you will need to set up your account by calling 656-MAIL(6245) from your own telephone. When prompted, enter the PIN# 0000.
First time sign-in involves three steps:
- you must change your PIN
- you must record your name
- you must choose a greeting to play to callers
You may skip first-time sign-in once by pressing the * key twice, but after skipping it once, you must complete the setup the next time you call in.
Changing your PIN
First, to secure your account, you must set up a new PIN.
- Enter a new PIN, pressing # when finished.
- Confirm the new PIN by re-entering it and pressing # when finished.
- Next, you are prompted to record your name. Record your name and press # when finished.
Choosing a greeting
Once you have successfully recorded your name, you are prompted to select a greeting. You can use a number of different types of greeting.
- To record a personal greeting, press 1. Record your personal greeting, and press # when finished.
- To use a system-generated greeting that announces your recorded name, press 2.
- To use a system-generated greeting that reads out your phone number, press 3.
- To use a system-generated greeting that neither announces your name nor reads out your phone number, press 4.
An announcement plays back your selected greeting.
- To record or select a different greeting, press 1.
- To save it and use it as your greeting, press #.
This is the last step in setting up your mailbox. Once you have finished, you are transferred to the Main Menu.